First Place Adult Other Category, Submitted by Mary Parker
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 ounce chocolate for shaving on top
Combine peanuts, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl, pat down in pie pan and on sides to form crust. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle crust with ¼ cup shaved chocolate. Using mixer, cream the cream cheese, peanut butter, milk, and sugar until fluffy, fold in the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture and pour over crust. Freeze 4-5 hours, place in refrigerator 2 hrs before serving.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF>>>
3rd Place Fruit Category, Submitted by: Lindsay Martin
- 7/8 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 4 cups of blackberries
Roll blackberries in flour and sugar, pour into pie crust and dot with butter
Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF>>>
1st Place Youth Fruit, Submitted by: Lindsey Garrett
Crust: (Makes 2 crust)
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoon ice water
Wisk flour and salt, cut in butter, add ice water, mix into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6 cups blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter.
Blend all ingredients, except butter, pour into unbaked pie shell, top with another pie crust or lattice top with another crust, brush butter on top of pie crust bake 45 min to an hour on 400°.
DOWNLOAD AS PDF>>>
Below are recipes from the winners of the 1st Annual Easley Farmers Market Pie Baking Contest that was held on Saturday, July 3rd. Give these recipes a try over the holiday season.
- Mile High Cheese Pie – Grand Prize Winner, Best of Show, and Adult Other 1st Place, by Dianne Undheim.
- Sour Cream Fruit Pie – Adult Fruit 2nd Place, by Laura Dodd.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – Adult Fruit 3rd Place, by Renae Ausburn.
- White Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Pie – Adult Nut 1st Place, by Dianne Undheim.
- Sweet Potato Pecan Pie – Adult Nut 2nd place, by Renae Ausburn.
- Pecan Pie – Adult Nut 3rd Place, by Chuck Garrett.
- Coconut Cream pie – Adult Other 2nd Place, by Arianna Lester.
- Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie – Adult Other 3rd Place: Renae Ausburn
- Apple Praline Pie - Youth Fruit 1st Place, byLindsey Garrett.
- Blueberry Pie - Youth Fruit 2nd Place, by Brianna Lester.
- Banana Cream Pie - Youth Other 1st Place, by Brady Lester.
- Chocolate Creme Pie - Youth Other 2nd Place, by Annika Lester.
- Butterscotch Pie - Youth Other 3rd Place, by Ashton Lester
Elves Tree Farm (one of our Farmers Market Vendors) has Christmas Trees for Sale.
The “Choose & Cut Christmas Trees” are $6.00 per foot up to 8 foot. They also have Fraser Fir tress kept in water.
Elves Tree Farm is located at 217 Berea Heights Road, Greenville, SC 29617.
Driving Directions: From Easley:
Take Hwy 123 to Greenville to White Horse Road Hwy 25, go North to Hwy 183 turn right on Hwy 183 to first road to the right. You will see the Farm.
Email Address: ElvesTreeFarm@bellsouth.net
Elves Tree Farm is one of our Easley Farmers Market Vendors.
Help support our local farmers!
2nd Place Adult Fruit Category
Submitted by Laura Dodd
Pour one can pie filling into unbaked crust
Cherry (add ¼ tsp almond flavoring
Blueberry or apple add 1 tsp cinnamon to crumb topping
Mix until smooth:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 3 Tbls plain flour
- 4 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
Pour over filling Mix together and sprinkle on top of pie:
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter
Bake at 350 for 45 – 55 min.
Best served chilled.
3rd Place Adult Fruit Category
Submitted by: Renae Ausburn
Pastry for double pie crust
- 3 cups of chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line pie plate with bottom crust. In small bowl mix sugar and flour. Sprinkle with ¼ on bottom of crust. Mix rhubarb and berries and mound in crust. Dot butter on top of rhubarb mixture and pour remaining flour/sugar mixture on top. Place other crust on top and crimp edged together, vent.
Place on lowest rack in oven and back for 15 minutes. Lower oven temp to 350 degrees and finish baking in center of oven for 45 minutes until crust is golden and bubbly.
Remove from oven and let come to room temp before serving.
1st Place Adult Nut Category
Submitted by: Dianne Undheim
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp orange peel
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter flavor Crisco
- 6-8 tsp ice water
- Mix all together and roll in to pie plate
- 1 ½ cups Karo Syrup
- 2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp orange extract
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp melted butter
Mix together and pour in to pie tin.
Bake at 325 for 70 minutes.
2nd Place Adult Nut Category
Submitted by Renae Ausburn
- 1 – 10 “ pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes baked
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In mixing bowl combine mashed sweet potatoes, 1 egg, molasses, milk, spices, and vanilla. Pour into pie shell. Spread pecans over potato filling. In another bowl mix together 3 eggs, sugars, and corn syrup. Pour over pecans, Bake for about 1 hour or until set. Remove from oven and cool on rack for approx. 1 hr.
3rd place Adult Nut Category
Submitted by: Chuck Garrett
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ stick well chilled Crisco
- 4 to 8 tbsp ice water
Mix flour and salt, cut in Crisco until resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tbsp at a time until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours
- 1 cup dark Karo Syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Bring syrup, sugar, and salt to a boil over low heat, boil about 2 minutes stirring constantly. Pour slowly into beaten eggs, stirring constantly so eggs do not start cooking.
Add butter, vanilla and pecans. Pour into pastry lined pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.