DOWNLOAD 2013 Easley Farmers Market Rules and Regulations>>>
Vendor Types: Farmer/Producer/Nursery/Plant: Farmers are person or entities that raise produce (vegetables, fruits, nuts, and grains), herbs, flowers or nursery crops from seed or plants. Beekeepers, egg farmers, poultry and livestock producers and fish and/or shellfish growers are considered farmers. Farmers are eligible to join the Saturday Market at any time and we are always looking for new vendors. Items offered for sale must be homegrown. No buying and reselling produce. All farms will be inspected this year.
Grower: Growers are non-professional small-scale farmers or back yard gardeners who see their product as a hobby rather than a profession may have a seasonal item, i.e. strawberries, blueberries, lettuce, etc.
Processor: Processors are persons who offer fresh food products such as breads, candies, jams, jellies, etc. Processors are to adhere to all S.C. Department of Agriculture and/or SCDHEC guidelines. All food products have to be labeled with ingredients, your name, address and phone number.
Policies for ALL vendors:
- The Market Manager reserves the right to prohibit anyone from selling and/or refuse any product from being sold.
- The Market Manager reserves the right to refuse participation to vendors who do not comply with Market regulations or do not meet Market standards which include, but are not limited to, following all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Market staff has the authority to move and reassign vendor space to enhance or facilitate Market operations and to limit the number vendors selling the same specialty products.
- Vendors may not sell any items not approved or listed on their application.
- Children must be supervised at the Market site at all times.
- The Easley Farmers Market is a NO SMOKING market in accordance with the City of Easley’s Smoking Ordinance, that means sidewalks around the market by your booths. If you have to smoke please go away from the market area.
- The Market is not liable for any injury, theft, or damage to either the buyer or seller, or their property, arising from or pertaining to preparation for or participation in the market.
- The Market does not guarantee the marketability of the vendors’ goods the success of the vendors’ efforts.
- The cost to rent an empty space (approximately 10×10) is $5.00.
- Each vendor operates as an individual entity and is responsible for setting his/her own prices.
- We encourage all vendors to commit to participating for the entire season.
- Vendors selling under the logo (SC Certified Grown, or SC Certified Product) must show your approval from SCDA. I encourage all of you to join the SC Certified program it is FREE.
- DHEC requirements must be met for sauces, jams, jellies, etc. Under the new Cottage Bill a home cook can sell Non Hazardous baked goods at a farmers market. See attached information.
- Assigned, reserved spaces are available and will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. If you have been a regular market vendor you have first choice on your same booth from previous years. Booths 1-8 are for vendors that will participate ALL SEASON! Vendors with reserved spaces must give 24 hours notice to the Market Manager if you will not be attending a Saturday Market. Vendors with reserved spaces are also required to pay in advance each week for your booth. Vendors will forfeit their reserved space if they are not at the market at least 15 minutes prior to the opening time. Non-reserved spaces will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis by the Market Staff.
- Dates: April 6 through October 5, 2013
- Times: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Location: 205 N. First St. Parking Lot in front of City Hall
Hours of Operation:
- 7:00 -7:45 Vendors arrive and set up at event site
- 8:00 Market Opens
- 12:00 Market closes
Begin packing up: Please do not bring your vehicle into the market area before 12:00 for the safety of our vendors as well as the safety of the customers. If you must leave before 12:00 please notify the employee on duty and carry your items to your vehicle unless otherwise approved by manager.
License, Permits Inspections: Vendors are responsible for their own taxes, and inspections (food, agricultural & nursery plants).
Crafters: No commercial items, no imported items, no manufactured items, no second hand items shall be resold by crafters.
Approved crafts/art: Handmade bath products, herbal products, garden art and furniture, quilters, pottery, candles, wooden products, corn hole games, bird houses, wreaths, botanical & floral products, crafts made from agriculture materials such as goats milk, beeswax.
Artists who do paintings & sketches.
All crafters will be considered on individual basis with regards to subject matter and space available and on a first come first serve basis.
At this time we will limit the number of crafters selling crochet items, jewelry, and pocketbooks. Market Manager has the right to approve or disapprove a craft vendor.
Booth Set-Up and take down:
Vendors are encouraged to bring enough merchandise to last for the duration of the market working hours. Be creative in decorating your booths. When you arrive to set up please unload and move your vehicle then set up your booth. That will eliminate traffic jams in the market area.
Make sure you have business cards, brochures, growing tips, recipes, samples, etc. for market-goers! Please post your prices!! Let’s all be professional and make a good impression for lots of repeat customers.
There will be a designated area for vendors that wish to sell out of their pick-up or set up at the back of their tailgate. See market manager for this area.
Vendor parking will be behind City Hall. Please do not park in the market area or on the street this is for customers and vendor booths.
Restrooms: Inside City hall, down the hall, on the left.
The Market is open rain or shine. Conditions that threaten public safety (high winds, lightning, etc.) will cause cancellation.
If the weather conditions deteriorate during the market hours, the market
manager will make a decision to close the market early. Call the market manager if you have any questions about weather conditions at 864-238-7525.
Hold Harmless Clause:
I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Easley, its employees, officers, agents and/or contractors for any and all damages, losses, suits, liability, and/or causes of action resulting from property damage, and/or from personal injury, including death, of myself arising out of or in any way connected with our participation in the Easley Farmers Market. I further permit the City of Easley to use photographs of me for the publicity of the Easley Farmers Market.
For More Information Contact:
- Lisa Garrett, City of Easley P.O. Box 466, Easley, SC 29641
- 864-855-7900 Ext 7200 office 8:30-5 M-F Cell: 238-7525
- Join us on Facebook
- Email: email@example.com